van Houte - Candidate Letter
If elected as executive vice president I will:
· Assist the MCCDA president however needed in the performance of her duties.
· Preside as the chairperson of the Grievance Committee.
· Countersign checks drawn against the funds of the association.
· Countersign all agreements for the association as authorized by the executive board.
· Act as general overseer of operations for grievances and contract administration.
· Carry out such additional lawful directives of the executive board as it may make from time to time.
· Uphold the constitution, policies, procedures, and directives of the association.
· Report bi-monthly to the membership via the association newsletter.
· Actively recruit, train, and ensure the involvement of stewards.
These are taken directly from our constitution, and I will perform these duties zealously.
Here is my further commitment to you. I will represent you faithfully at all times. I will be available to you and actively seek your input regularly. I will doggedly defend your rights as a MCCDA member, and will put forward the effort that you need and deserve.
Thank you for your consideration.
John van Houte